Mobile capability is the ability of websites to be integrated according to phones, tablets, and various devices. Mobile-friendly web designs can be easily used on mobile phones, tablets, and other devices. You can easily find out if a website is mobile-friendly by using a mobile compatibility test.
Mobile technology is technology that goes where the user goes. It consists of portable two-way communications devices, computing devices and the networking technology that connects them. Currently, mobile technology is typified by internet-enabled devices like smartphones, tablets and watches.
Mobile technology is pervasive and growing. The number of smartphone users has climbed beyond 3 billion2 ¹and the global mobile workforce is expected to reach 1.87 billion by 2022.
In this article, we will explore how mobile capability can boost your business performance by:
- Enhancing customer experience
- Improving employee productivity
- Increasing operational efficiency
- Expanding market reach
- Innovating new solutions
Enhancing Customer Experience
One of the main benefits of mobile capability is that it can enhance customer experience by providing:
- Faster loading speed: Mobile-friendly websites load faster than non-mobile-friendly websites on mobile devices. This reduces bounce rate and increases customer satisfaction.
- Better usability: Mobile-friendly websites are designed to fit different screen sizes and orientations. They also have simple navigation, clear fonts, large buttons, and easy-to-read content. This improves usability and accessibility for customers.
- Higher engagement: Mobile-friendly websites can leverage features such as push notifications, geolocation services, social media integration, and interactive elements to engage customers more effectively.
- More conversions: Mobile-friendly websites can increase conversions by offering seamless checkout processes, mobile payment options, and personalized offers based on customer behavior.
According to Google,
61% of users are unlikely to return to a site that they had trouble accessing from their phone and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead. Therefore,
Having mobile Technology is essential for attracting and retaining customers in today’s competitive market.
Improving Employee Productivity
Another benefit of mobile capability is that it can improve employee productivity by enabling:
- Remote work: Mobile technology allows employees to work from anywhere, anytime, and on any device. This gives them more flexibility, autonomy, and work-life balance.
- Collaboration: Mobile technology facilitates collaboration among employees across different locations, teams, and departments. It also allows them to share information, documents, and feedback in real time.
- Communication: Mobile technology enhances communication between employees and customers through various channels such as voice calls, video calls, text messages, emails, and chatbots.
- Learning: Mobile technology supports learning and development for employees by providing access to online courses, webinars, podcasts, e-books,and other learning resources.
According to a study by Cisco, 69% of IT decision-makers favor BYOD as a positive addition to any workplace policy. Therefore,
Having a mobile capability can help employees work smarter and faster.
Increasing Operational Efficiency
A third benefit of mobile capability is that it can increase operational efficiency by enabling:
- Automation: Mobile technology can automate repetitive and manual tasks such as data entry, inventory management, reporting, and invoicing. This can save time and reduce errors and costs.
- Optimization: Mobile technology can optimize business processes such as scheduling, dispatching, routing, and tracking. This can improve service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Integration: Mobile technology can integrate with other systems such as ERP, CRM, BI, and IoT. This can provide a holistic view of business performance and enable data-driven decisions.
According to a report by McKinsey,
mobile technologies could potentially save 1.2 billion hours and $175 billion annually across eight sectors. Therefore, Having a mobile capability can help businesses streamline operations and achieve higher ROI.
Expanding Market Reach
A fourth benefit of mobile capability is that it can expand market reach by enabling:
- Localization: Mobile technology can localize websites and apps according to different languages, currencies, cultures, and preferences. This can increase relevance and appeal for customers in different regions.
- Personalization: Mobile technology can personalize websites and apps based on customer data such as location, behavior, interests, and needs. This can increase loyalty and retention for customers who feel valued and understood.
- Promotion: Mobile technology can promote websites and apps through various channels such as social media, email marketing, search engine optimization, and online advertising. This can increase visibility and awareness for potential customers.
According to Statista,
52.6% of global website traffic was generated through mobile phones in 2019. Therefore,
Having a mobile capability can help businesses reach more customers and grow their market share.
Innovating New Solutions
A fifth benefit of mobile capability is that it can innovate new solutions by enabling:
- Experimentation: Mobile technology can enable businesses to test new ideas and concepts quickly and easily on mobile devices. This can help them validate assumptions and learn from feedback.
- Creativity: Mobile technology can inspire businesses to create new products and services that leverage the power of mobile devices. For example, mobile apps that use augmented reality, virtual reality, or artificial intelligence.
- Transformation: Mobile technology can transform businesses by changing how they operate, deliver value, and compete in the market. For example, mobile apps that enable new business models, partnerships, or customer segments.
According to a report by Accenture,
87% of executives believe that industry boundaries will dramatically blur as platforms reshape industries into interconnected ecosystems.
having a mobile capability can help businesses innovate new solutions
and stay ahead of the curve.
mobile capability also comes with some challenges that businesses need to overcome such as:
- Security: Mobile technology can expose businesses to various security risks such as data breaches, malware attacks, identity theft, and unauthorized access. Businesses need to implement security measures such as encryption, authentication, firewalls, and antivirus software to protect their data and devices.
- Compatibility: Mobile technology can pose compatibility issues among different devices, platforms, browsers, and networks. Businesses need to ensure that their websites and apps can work smoothly and consistently across various scenarios and environments.
- Maintenance: Mobile technology can require constant maintenance and updates to keep up with changing customer expectations and market trends. Businesses need to monitor and optimize their websites and apps regularly to fix bugs, improve performance, and add new features.
According to a survey by Kony,
50% of enterprises have more than 10 mobile apps.
having a mobile capability can also demand more resources and feedback and improve their user experience.
Mobile capability is a vital factor for business success in the digital age. It can provide many benefits such as enhancing customer experience, improving employee productivity, increasing operational efficiency, expanding market reach, and innovating new solutions. However, it also comes with some challenges such as security, compatibility, and maintenance. Therefore, businesses should follow mobile capability best practices such as complete attack vector coverage, responsive web design, and continuous testing and monitoring. By doing so, they can leverage the power of mobile technology to achieve their goals and stay competitive.
This is the end of the article. Thank you for reading! 😊