One of the best ways to communicate tales and produce excellent work is to film and make videos. Videos are strong creative media, whether used for entertainment to share with friends and family or for more professional purposes to share with everyone.
How to Save DJI videos to phone
Some recordings need to be edited and finished on a computer, but with technology advancing at the rate it does, many applications can now edit videos directly on your phone.
It’s critical to understand how to download aerial footage to your phone because drones are a popular way to make films like this.
Every day, drones are gaining popularity, and, as their quality rises, their size and cost fall. This makes it possible for more people to interact with technology and make their own videos.
DJI is renowned for producing high-quality goods at fair costs.
A mechanism that enables pilots to quickly and easily upload footage to their phones is one of the amazing things DJI has implemented.By reading an article about it, any pilot can figure out how to download films on their phone.
I’ll thus go into great detail in this article about how to download footage from your drone to your phone.
To save DJI videos to your Android phone, you can follow these steps:
how to save dji videos to phone
- Connect your Android phone to your DJI drone using the USB cable that came with your drone.
- Open the DJI Go app on your phone.
- Tap on the “Media” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the video that you want to save to your phone.
- Tap on the “Export” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose the “Export to Gallery” option.
- Tap “OK” to begin the export process.
- Wait for the export process to complete. The length of time it takes will depend on the size of the video file.
- Once the export process is complete, the video will be saved to your phone’s gallery app.
Here is the quickest method.
save dji videos to phone
- Activate the cache video download feature in the corresponding app you use to fly.
- Follow these steps to accomplish this: Cache When Recording may be found under Settings > Camera Settings > Advanced Settings.
- Once the video has finished recording and this option is chosen, the camera will always send the recordings to the drone.
- You may choose to save media to the SD card or the internal storage on the camera page’s settings menu at the top.
The most important thing to remember when using this method is that the videos will be saved in low resolution.
This mode doesn’t take up a lot of space on your phone; it just displays the movies you took.
You may choose how much space on your phone to reserve for downloading videos when you toggle the cache settings.
This method is a little more difficult, but it could be better
You may download a high-definition video from the gallery while using the DJI app and connected it to your drone.
When the drone is connected to the SD card, all of the pictures and videos on there are viewable.
By selecting them and downloading the complete version, you may download the videos from the gallery to your phone.
The major disadvantage of this approach is that it takes a while to complete, especially when using movies.
Each 30 seconds of video will normally take four minutes to download, depending on your connection.
This strategy is effective if you have the time or simply require a few photographs. Otherwise, you could choose the last technique.
The instructions listed below will show you how to use this technique.
- Connect your drone to the DJI app once it is open.
- Launch the picture gallery
- Choose the chosen image or video.
- At the bottom left of the screen, choose the download icon.
- Hold off until the download is finished.
The final way
The micro SD card is the only alternative method for downloading full-quality videos. A micro SD card must be purchased and used with almost every DJI model.
SD Cards for DJI Drones MORE What You Need to Know
Every video and image taken with a camera, even drones, needs to be saved someplace.
Since the Mavic 2 Pro, the majority of the devices only have a tiny amount of internal storage, often about 8GB (the Mavic 3 Cine comes with an impressive 1 terabyte).
In case of a lost memory card or for additional space, you can use the drone’s internal storage.
Memory cards allow you to easily transmit drone films and photographs from your drone to your phone in addition to storing them on the card.
Investing in an adapter that can accommodate SD cards and connecting it to your iPhone’s lightning connection is the best way to transfer videos from the card to your device.
These instructions will let you download photographs and movies to your phone when you have the adaptor.
- your phone with the adapter
- Connect the Micro SD card to an SD card adapter and then to the phone’s adaptor.
- Go to the photo gallery on your phone by opening it.
- Import will be a new selection in the bottom menu. Make this your choice.
- Select all of the pictures and/or videos you wish to save to your phone.
- On the phone’s screen, click import in the upper right corner.
- You must decide whether to import all or only the chosen items from a menu that will display.
- the completion of the files
This approach is the most effective of the three since it produces videos of the highest quality in the shortest period of time.
When you have the time and don’t want to purchase an additional adapter, downloading the files directly from the drone is a fantastic idea.
Remember that the latter two alternatives provide you the same quality, but one requires you to sacrifice time, while the other requires you to sacrifice money.
Any DJI drone model may be used with these two techniques as well. Since an SD is always involved, it is always used in the same manner.
You can access and download videos in a similar manner on a computer, but having them on your phone makes it easy to share with others anytime.
There is another way to download movies to your phone if you are using an earlier DJI model that is compatible with the DJI Go 4 app (like the Mavic Pro). This can be achieved by combining the procedures from the first two approaches.
You need to connect the drone to your phone, but an alternative DJI app allows you to download the photos without directly accessing them.
To connect to your drone, you need to open the DJI Sync app. The images and movies on your drone’s SD card will then be completely accessible to you, allowing you to download and/or share them on social media.
While it is not necessary, utilising a model flying with the DJI GO 4 software helps make the task much simpler.
Even while DJI produces the majority of drones sold to consumers, other manufacturers also produce various models.
It is still possible for a pilot to transfer videos from another drone to their phone.
Most drones can download media directly to your phone when connected, but not all of them are capable of doing so.
As mentioned earlier, every drone available for sale today must include a method of transporting media.
Usually, an SD card or micro SD card is used for this purpose.
In any model of drone, you can take the memory card out and insert it into an adapter for your phone to transfer media files across the platform.