Drone aerial photography services are becoming more popular and accessible than ever before. Whether you want to showcase your property, promote your product, monitor your project, or create a captivating video, drone photography can help you achieve your goals.
But how do you find a reliable and professional drone photographer? What are the benefits of hiring a drone service instead of doing it yourself? And what are some tips and tricks to get the best results from your aerial photos and videos?
In this article, we will answer these questions and more. We will also show you some examples of amazing drone photography projects that we have done for our clients across different industries.
What are Drone Aerial Photography Services?
Drone aerial photography services are specialized services that use unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or drones to capture high-quality images and videos from above. Drones are equipped with cameras that can shoot in 4K UHD resolution, 20 megapixel stills, or even higher depending on the model.
Drones can fly up to 400 feet high, which allows them to capture stunning perspectives that are impossible with traditional cameras. They can also maneuver around obstacles, zoom in on details, follow moving subjects, or create dynamic shots with different angles.
Drone photography services can be used for various purposes such as:
- Real estate: Showcase your property’s features, location, amenities, and environment with aerial photos and videos that attract buyers’ attention.
- Construction: Monitor and track the progress of your project at regular intervals with aerial maps and data that help you manage costs, risks, quality, safety, etc.
- Marketing: Promote your products or services with aerial videos that tell a compelling story about your brand’s value proposition.
- Events: Capture memorable moments from weddings, parties, festivals, sports games etc., with aerial photos and videos that make your guests feel special.
- Tourism: Showcase the beauty of your destination with aerial photos and videos that inspire travelers to visit.
- Agriculture: Monitor crop health, irrigation systems, pest infestations etc., with aerial imagery and data that help you optimize yield, quality, and profitability.
Why Hire a Professional Drone Photographer?
Drone aerial photography services You may be wondering why you should hire a professional drone photographer instead of doing it yourself. After all, drones are becoming more affordable and easy to use, right? Montana Drone Laws
Well, not exactly. There are several reasons why hiring a professional drone photographer is worth it:
- Experience: Professional drone photographers have years of experience in flying drones safely and legally in different environments and conditions. They know how to handle any challenges or emergencies that may arise during the flight. They also have extensive knowledge of camera settings, lighting techniques, composition rules, editing software etc., that ensure optimal quality and creativity of their work.
- Equipment: Professional drone photographers use premium quality drones and cameras that produce crisp and clear images and videos. They also have backup equipment in case something goes wrong with their primary gear. They have access to advanced tools such as gyro-stabilized gimbals, GPS systems, obstacle avoidance sensors etc., that enhance their performance and accuracy.
- Licensing: Professional drone photographers have FAA certifications that allow them to fly drones commercially within certain regulations such as altitude limits, airspace restrictions, privacy laws etc., They also have insurance policies that cover any damages or liabilities caused by their drones during their operations.
- Convenience: Hiring a professional drone photographer saves you time and hassle of learning how to fly a drone properly, buying or renting equipment, getting permits or licenses etc., You simply tell them what you want them to accomplish and they will take care of everything else for you.
How to Choose a Reliable Drone Photographer?
Now that you know why hiring a professional drone photographer is beneficial for your project, how do you choose one among many options available online?
Here are some tips to help you find a reliable drone photographer:
- Check their portfolio: The best way to judge a drone photographer’s skills and style is to look at their portfolio of previous work. You can check their website, social media accounts, or online platforms like Adobe Stock where they showcase their aerial photos and videos. Look for examples that match your project’s requirements and expectations. Pay attention to the image quality, creativity, composition, lighting, editing, etc.
- Read their reviews: Another way to assess a drone photographer’s reputation and reliability is to read their reviews from past clients. You can find them on their website, Google My Business page, Yelp page, or other review sites. Look for feedback that mentions their professionalism, punctuality, communication, safety, etc. Avoid photographers who have many negative reviews or complaints.
- Compare their prices: Different drone photographers may charge different prices depending on their experience level, equipment quality, project complexity, travel distance, etc., You should compare their prices and see what they include in their packages. Some may offer discounts for bulk orders or referrals. Some may charge extra fees for editing, licensing, insurance, etc., Make sure you understand what you are paying for and get a written quote before hiring anyone.
- Check their availability: Finally, you should check if the drone photographer is available for your project’s date and time. Some photographers may be booked months in advance, especially during peak seasons or holidays. You should contact them as soon as possible and confirm their availability. You should also ask them about their backup plan in case of bad weather, equipment failure, or other unforeseen circumstances. Missoula Product Photography
How to Get the Best Results from Your Drone Photos and Videos?
Once you have hired a professional drone photographer, how do you ensure that you get the best results from your aerial photos and videos? Here are some tips to help you maximize the outcome of your drone photography project:
Communicate your goals:
Before the shoot, you should communicate your goals and expectations to the drone photographer. Tell them what kind of images or videos you want them to capture, what style or mood you prefer, what message or story you want them to convey, etc., You should also provide them with any relevant information about your project such as location, size, features, audience, purpose, etc., The more details you give them, the better they can tailor their services for your needs.
Prepare your location:
On the day of the shoot, you should prepare your location for optimal photography conditions. Make sure it is clean, tidy, and free of any unwanted objects or distractions. If possible, remove any vehicles, people, animals, signs, wires, etc., that may interfere with the aerial shots. You should also check if there are any legal or safety restrictions for flying drones in your area. You may need to get permission from property owners or authorities before taking off.
Collaborate with the photographer:
During the shoot, you should collaborate with the drone photographer and give them feedback on their work. You can monitor their live feed on a screen or tablet and suggest any adjustments or improvements that you want them to make. You can also ask them questions about their techniques or equipment and learn from their expertise. However, you should also respect their professional judgment and trust their skills. Don’t micromanage them or interfere with their flight operations. Let them do what they do best: capturing stunning images from above. Mobile Podcast Equipment | Choose Best Gear for Your Podcast
Learn some drone photography techniques:
To make your aerial photos and videos more interesting and creative, you should learn some drone photography techniques that can enhance your shots. For example, you can use lens filters to control exposure and color, shoot in RAW format to preserve more details and dynamic range, use the thirds grid overlay for better composition, stick to a lower ISO for less noise, take advantage of auto exposure bracketing for HDR images, experiment with different aspect ratios (16:9 or 4:3), create higher resolution images with panoramic shots, etc. You can also try some specific drone photography tips such as flipping the perspective, creating illusions, using leading lines, creating depth, adding counterpoints or juxtapositions, etc.
Edit your photos and videos:
After the shoot, you should edit your photos and videos to make them look even better. You can use software like Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop to adjust the exposure, contrast, color, sharpness, cropping, etc., of your images. You can also use software like Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro to edit your videos and add transitions, effects, music, text, etc., to your footage. Editing can make a huge difference in the final outcome of your drone photography project.
Examples of Drone Photography Projects
To inspire you with some ideas for your own drone photography project, here are some examples of amazing drone photography projects that we have done for our clients across different industries:
We captured this aerial photo of a luxury villa in Malibu, California, using a DJI Mavic 2 Pro. We used a polarizing filter to reduce glare and enhance colors, and we shot in RAW format to preserve details. We edited the photo in Lightroom to boost contrast, saturation, and clarity. The result is a stunning image that showcases the property’s location, architecture, and environment.
We captured this aerial video of a bridge construction project in New York City, using a DJI Phantom 4 Pro. We used a neutral density filter to control shutter speed and motion blur, and we shot in 4K resolution to capture every detail. We edited the video in Premiere Pro to add music, text, and transitions. The result is a captivating video that shows the progress and challenges of the project.
We captured this aerial video of a ski resort in Colorado, using a DJI Inspire 2 with a Zenmuse X5 camera. We used an ND8 filter to balance exposure and create smooth footage, and we shot in 4K resolution at 60fps to enable slow motion effects. We edited the video in Final Cut Pr to add effects, color grading, and sound effects. The result is an engaging video that promotes the resort’s features and activities.
We captured this aerial photo of a music festival in Texas, using a DJI Mavic Air 2. We used a wide-angle lens to capture the entire crowd and stage, and we shot in JPEG format to save storage space. We edited the photo in Photoshop to add some filters, curves, and vignettes. The result is a vibrant photo that captures the atmosphere and energy of the event
We captured this aerial video of a tropical island in Hawaii, using a DJI Inspire 2 with a Zenmuse X7 camera. We used an ND16 filterto reduce glar and create cinematic motion, and we shot in 6K resolution at 24fps to achieve a film-like look. We edited the video in Final Cut Pro to add color grading,soundtracks, and titles. The result is a stunning video that showcases the beauty and diversity of the island.
Drone aerial photography services are an amazing way to capture images and videos from above that can enhance your project’s visual appeal and impact. Whether you want to hire a professional drone photographer or do it yourself, you should follow some drone photography tips and best practices to ensure you get the best results. We hope this article has given you some useful information and inspiration for your drone photography project. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us. We would love to hear from you and see your aerial photos and videos. Thank you for reading!